Bachelor of Applied Science (Medical Radiations)Entry requirements
Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact Info Corner for more information.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
Please contact us for more information.
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
Meeting the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee entry. Your application will still need to be assessed and accepted.
Radiation Therapy and Medical Imaging:
Current Year 12 prerequisites units 1 and 2 or units 3 and 4 – Biology or Chemistry, and units 3 and 4 – and a study score of at least 20 in one of Mathematical Methods (CAS) or Specialist Mathematics; and a study score of at least 25 in any English (except EAL) or at least 30 in English (EAL).
Current Year 12 prerequisites units 3 and 4 – a study score of at least 20 in one of Mathematical Methods (CAS) or Specialist Mathematics, and Chemistry; and a study score of at least 25 in any English (except EAL) or at least 30 in English (EAL).
Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy streams
Higher Mathematics & Biology or Chemistry; or
VCE Units 1 and 2 or 3 and 4 in Chemistry or Biology & VCE Units 3 and 4 in Mathematical Methods (CAS) or Specialist Mathematics, with a study score of at least 20.
Nuclear Medicine stream
Higher Mathematics and Chemistry
VCE Units 3 and 4 in Mathematical Methods (CAS) or Specialist Mathematics and Chemistry, with a study score of at least 20.
VTAC applicants: must complete and submit a supplementary information form.
All other applicants: must complete a supplementary information form as part of their application.
Optional: Applicants may choose to undertake a site visit. Please download and print the site visit form for signature when you register online.
English language requirements
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 7.0 (with no individual band below 6.5)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 600 (TWE 5.0)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 100 (with minimum of 24 in writing and 22 in all other sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 65 (with no communication band less than 58)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 185 with no less than 176 in any component.
Can I complete this program?
In order to complete this program, students are required to meet the inherent requirements.
About inherent requirements
This information is provided to inform you about:
- the types of activities which you may reasonably expect to undertake throughout your program
- the non-academic abilities you may need for these activities.
The description of inherent requirements below will help you to:
- understand more about each program
- determine if you may need support during your program
- make an informed decision about the suitability of various programs
If there are any activities outlined which may be difficult for you to undertake, please discuss this with your program co-ordinator, program manager or the Disability Liaison Unit.
RMIT is committed to supporting diversity and inclusion. We support students with a disability, long term illness and/or mental health condition by making reasonable adjustments to our teaching and learning, assessment, professional experience and Work Integrated Learning (WIL) placement activities to enable students to participate fully.
In order to receive adjustments, you need to register with the Disability Liaison Unit (DLU).
When you successfully complete the Bachelor of Applied Science (Medical Radiations) you may be eligible for entry to the Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours).