Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
Applicants must normally have:
- successfully completed an APAC-approved three-year psychology sequence with a GPA of at least 2.0 out of 4.0 and a cumulative percentage average of 70-75 per cent in each year of study; or
- any undergraduate degree and successful completion of an APAC-approved fourth year of study in psychology, with a cumulative percentage average of 70-75 per cent in each year of study.
You will need to complete and attach a supplementary information form (PDF 232KB) as part of your application.
You must have successfully completed an Australian Psychological Society approved 3 year sequence of study Psychology Bachelor degree with a GPA of at least 2.0 out of 4.0 and a cumulative percentage average of 70–75% in each year of study;
You must have successfully completed an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) in any discipline and successful completion of an Australian Psychological Society approved 4th year of study Graduate Diploma (or equivalent overseas qualification), with a cumulative percentage average of 70–75% in each year of study.
If you did not undertake psychology studies in Australia, you are required to contact the Australian Psychological Society to obtain recognition of equivalency of qualifications for entry into the professional training programs.
Refer to the Australian Psychological Society (APS) and the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) for further information on approved study.
Pre-selection kit: You are required to submit a completed Pre-selection kit (PDF 70 KB 3p) along with your application.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 58 (with no communication band less than 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 176 with no less than 169 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.