Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
Using critical enquiry, practice-based research methodologies and 'thinking through making’, the structure of this program allows you to take ownership of your fine art education.
You will be allocated a senior academic as a supervisor who will provide support and guidance as you develop your honours project.
You'll be able to choose from five specialisation streams:
- Contemporary art practices involves an individual contemporary art project within any medium, method or strategy, including painting, drawing, installation practices, moving image, photography, spatial practices, print image practices, or conceptual and post-object based art practices.
- Sound art practices allows you to focus on the development of a contemporary sonic art project, interrogating themes and practices derived from composition, performance, exhibition and audio-vision.
- Contemporary art and craft practices leads you to produce an individual contemporary art and/or craft project, with emphasis on object-based practices. This may include ceramics or gold and silversmithing, but may equally include other fields of craft related practice.
- Photographic practices focuses on photographic explorations that interrogate your practice, whether your practice concentrates on ideas of documentary photography, photojournalism, fashion photography, advertising, a photographic art practice or a hybrid practice.
- Curatorial practices allows you to develop your curatorial practice, investigating the discourses and hybridised spaces between art practice and curatorship. Applicants are required to have undertaken prior studies in the field of contemporary art or craft.
A project may be solo or collaborative, specialised or transdisciplinary, in which multiple art forms and practices may converge.
Plans are variations offered for a program and may include specialisations, modes of delivery or location. Browse a plan to see the courses our students are currently studying.
Bachelor of Arts (Fine Art) (Honours)
1 year full time
|City Campus||1 year full time||006591A|