Bachelor of Engineering (Aerospace Engineering) (Honours)Entry requirements
Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact Info Corner for more information.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
Please contact us for more information.
You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 (or equivalent senior secondary school qualification) with a minimum 65% average.
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
Visit the Entry requirements by country page to find the equivalent score in your qualification.
Higher Mathematics; or
VCE Units 3 and 4 in Mathematical Methods (CAS), with a study score of at least 25.
English language requirements
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 58 (with no communication band less than 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 176 with no less than 169 in any component.
Form: Non-Year 12 applicants may submit additional information if they would like it to be considered.
- For semester 1 intake, this can be completed through the VTAC Personal Statement online.
- For semester 2 intake, this can be completed through the personal statement in the Apply Direct application.
Graduates of the RMIT Associate Degree in Engineering Technology with a major in aerospace engineering who achieve a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 out of 4.0 are guaranteed entry with two years credit (equivalent to 192 credit points).
Graduates of the RMIT Advanced Diploma in Engineering (Aeronautical) with a GPA of at least 3.0 out of 4.0 may be able to receive up to 1.5 years credit (equivalent of 144 credit points) if successful in gaining a place.
When you successfully complete the Associate Degree in Engineering Technology Aerospace major and achieve a minimum GPA of 2.0, you are guaranteed entry in the Bachelor of Engineering (Aerospace Engineering) (Honours) with 4 semesters of advanced standing (equivalent to 192 credit points).