Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours)Career
Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact Info Corner for more information.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
Please contact us for more information.
As a pharmacist you ensure safe and effective use of medicines. Career options include working in pharmacies, for the pharmaceutical industry, or in drug administration.
On completing this program you need to undertake a one-year internship in order to gain Australia-wide registration.
On successful completion of the program and your internship year, you can work in:
- community pharmacies
- hospital pharmacies
- the pharmaceutical industry (quality control, sales, marketing, and management)
- the bio-pharmaceutical industry
- clinical trials administration
- drug information agencies
- drug regulation for government or companies
- consulting to industry
- pharmacy professional organisations
- pharmacy academia
- medical research and communications.
Professional recognition and accreditation
After the successful completion of internship and an examination, you'll be eligible for registration as a pharmacist with the Pharmacy Board of Australia. A reciprocal registration also exists with the Pharmacy Council of New Zealand, allowing registration after a reduced period of working under supervision.