Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
There are no minimum requirements.
Semester 2, 2017
You must complete and submit the 2017 Screenwriting pre-selection kit by 5pm, Wednesday 31 May 2017 (timely applicants). Late applications can be submitted up until Friday 9 June 2017.
Some applicants may be required to attend an interview. If you are required to attend an interview we will contact you via email between early May to early June.
Some applicants may be selected based on their pre-selection kit. These applicants are not required to attend an interview.
Semester 1, 2017
- complete and submit the 2017 Screenwriting pre-selection kit by 5pm Tuesday 31 January 2017.
- VTAC applicants must register and submit the kit
- RMIT internal and other applicants must complete the kit as part of their application
- attend an interview (some applicants). If you are required to attend you will be contacted via email.
Some applicants will be selected based on their pre-selection kit. These applicants are not required to attend an interview.
The pre-selection kit comprises:
- A statement of up to 500 words outlining your interest in screenwriting and
- a Writing sample of 2000 word of original writing. This can be a screen story outline and related sample dialogue scenes, or a piece of creative writing.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Upper Intermediate Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.
Join the ranks of these RMIT Screenwriting alumni.
Learn from industry-based teachers and gain a comprehensive understanding of writing for film, television and digital media.