Advanced Diploma of Building Design (Architectural)Career
Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact Info Corner for more information.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
Please contact us for more information.
Work in a wide range of technical positions in architectural practices and building design offices.
Graduate ready to make your mark in technical positions in building design offices and architectural spaces.
Career roles include
- building designer
- building information modelling (BIM) and computer-aided design (CAD) specialist
- domestic and commercial designer.
As a building design graduate, your work focus could include:
- digital presentation and architectural documentation of buildings
- architectural modelling and animation
- specialist and technical design areas such as commercial/domestic design and planning
- retail design and documentation
- working as part of a technical architectural team to support a design team or as part of project management.
Day-to-day, you can expect to be involved in
- meeting and working to a client brief
- preparing detailed architectural drawings and documentation
- preparing building specifications
- visiting building sites for site analysis and investigation
- analysing bushfire attack levels
- analysing environmental factors
- liaising with engineers, quantity surveyors, building surveyors and planning professionals to ensure all aspects of the project are properly addressed
- working to building and local council codes, by-laws and national regulations.
The Building Practitioners Board requires you to hold an Advanced Diploma of Building Design (Architectural) in order for you to register to practice as a building designer in the state of Victoria.
If you plan to register as a building practitioner and practice as a sole practitioner, you'll need to meet the requirements set out in the Building Amendment Regulations 2009 to qualify to register in the category Building Design DP-AD (Architectural).
Graduates of this Advanced Diploma, which is accredited under the Education and Training Reform Act 2006, will need to complete 1 year's practical experience supervised by a registered architect, builder or building designer to the satisfaction of the Building Practitioners Board.
During your studies, you will have the opportunity to register as a student member of the BDAV and enjoy member benefits and professional development events alongside industry practitioners.
The Advanced Diploma of Building Design (Architectural) is a state-accredited and nationally recognised qualification that enables graduate building designers to work for registered building practitioners, architects and other design professionals in related industries.