Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
This program focuses on the rules and practical aspects of copper cabling installation, though basic fibre optic cabling is also covered.
The following program structure(s) is an example of what students are currently studying in this program:
- Alter services to existing cable system
- Install and test an internet protocol device in convergence networks
- Install functional and protective telecommunications earthing system
- Organise and monitor cabling to ensure compliance with regulatory and industry standards
- Place and secure customer cable
- Terminate metallic conductor customer cable
- Use electrical skills in telecommunications work
- Use hand and power tools
- Work effectively in a telecommunications technology team
- Follow WHS and environmental policy and procedures
Plans are variations offered for a program such as specialisations, modes of delivery or location. Browse a plan to see the courses our students are currently studying.
Certificate II in Telecommunications Cabling
1 Year (12 hours Per week for 36 Weeks)
|City Campus||1 Year (12 hours Per week for 36 Weeks)|