Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
There are no minimum requirements.
Semester 1, 2017
- Deadline extended, please complete and submit the 2017 Photo Imaging pre-selection kit by Tuesday 31 January 2017.
- Complete and submit the 2017 Photo Imaging pre-selection kit by 5pm, Thursday 29 September (timely applicants). Late applications will be considered.
- Attend a folio presentation (some applicants).
If you are required to attend a folio presentation we will contact you via email in October. Folio presentations will be held in November/December.
At the folio presentation you will be asked to discuss your folio, articulate your ideas and demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively.
After the folio presentation you will receive an advisory letter, by mid-December.
If you are selected based on your pre-selection kit you are not required to attend a folio presentation. You will receive an advisory letter in November.
Pre-selection kit requirements
The pre-selection kit requires:
- an applicant statement of no more than 250 words outlining why you want to study Photo Imaging
- a 250 word statement on the exposure, if any, have you had to the photography industry (for example: work experience, school projects, training, personal work, etc.)
- a folio of up t o15 images of your best work, demonstrating a range of style and content.
Art and Design application tips
View the following videos for some practical application advice:
You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 (or equivalent senior secondary school qualification) with a minimum 50% average (check calculator below).
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post-secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
Meeting the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee entry. Your application will still need to be assessed and accepted.
Pre-selection kit: You are required to submit a completed Pre-selection Kit (PDF 227 KB 3p) along with your application.
Folio presentation: You may be required to present your folio to a selection panel. You may be interviewed, either in person or via phone/Skype.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 5.5 (with no individual band below 5.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 530 (TWE 3.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 71 (with minimum of 17 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 42 (with no communication band less than 36)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 162 with no less than 154 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Upper Intermediate Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.
If you don't meet the entry requirements, there may be other RMIT programs you are eligible for that can lead you to your preferred program. Explore your pathway options.