Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
TTo be awarded the Certificate IV of Community Services you will need to complete 14 units of competency. Nine of the units/courses are core requirements of the national qualification. The other five have been selected as elective, in consultation with industry partners, due to their relevance to the community services sector.
Learning and assessment will use a range of methods including:
- classes on the City Campus that are designed to provide interaction, discussion and development of ideas and skills
- specialist guest speakers to provide insights into current workplace practices
- extensive online resources and support of both the content areas and the study skills to support learning
- both group and individual opportunities for learning and assessment
- a supported model of work placement experiences
- support for students to develop language, literacy and numeracy skills required to succeed in the program
- assessment that is designed to prepare you for work-ready performance and/or further study
The program will enable you to gain skills and knowledge that are directly applicable to workplace practices.
Each program unit will be assessed on performance and the ability to apply knowledge and skills.
Assessment tasks will include:
- individual and group presentations
- demonstration of practical skills in a range of formats including simulations
- written reflections, and
- completion of tasks on work placement.
Plans are variations offered for a program such as specialisations, modes of delivery or location. Browse a plan to see the courses our students are currently studying.
Certificate IV in Community Services
1 year full-time
|City Campus||1 year full-time|