Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
You’ll learn how to provide assistance to allied health professionals in various settings and be introduced to:
- basic anatomy and physiology for the recognition of body systems
- medical terminology
- the skills to work effectively with clients and other staff
- Work Health and Safety (WHS) and infection control.
You’ll also take complete clinical placements. Placements are generally conducted on a full-time basis.
As part of your physiotherapy studies, you’ll learn the practical skills to support treatments, including:
- the delivery and monitoring of therapeutic exercise programs developed by a physiotherapist
- how to support individuals taking part in group physiotherapy programs
- delivery of therapeutic practices for clients and assist clients with specific mobility requirements.
You’ll gain occupational therapy skills through rehabilitation studies, allowing you to:
- assist in the development of active support strategies
- assist in daily living skill development outcomes
- support the fitting of assistive equipment.
If you choose elective studies in podiatry, you will learn to assist with foot hygiene, podiatric procedures, podiatry-related exercises and use and sterilisation of equipment used.
If you choose elective studies in aquatic hydrotherapy, you will learn to deliver hydrotherapy programs and instruct water-based fitness, conduct group sessions and respond to emergencies.
You’ll also gain skills in cultural diversity, sensitivity and how to cope with challenging behaviour.
Plans are variations offered for a program such as specialisations, modes of delivery or location. Browse a plan to see the courses our students are currently studying.
Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance
10 Months Full time, 12 Months Part Time
|City Campus||10 Months Full time, 12 Months Part Time|