Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
This program is only available for midyear entry.
There are no minimum requirements.
- complete and submit the 2017 Visual Art online pre-selection kit within your application by no later than 5pm Friday 23 June, 2017.
Short-listed applicants may be required to attend a folio presentation in June.
You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 or an equivalent senior secondary school qualification with a minimum average of 50%.
You may also be considered if you have work experience in this field.
For information on international qualifications and corresponding entry requirements that are equivalent to an Australian Year 12, see the Entry requirements by country web page.
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post-secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
Applicants with work experience in this field will also be considered.
Pre-selection kit: You must complete a pre-selection kit (PDF 1.03 MB 4p).
Folio presentation: You may be required to attend an interview and folio presentation.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 5.5 (with no individual band below 5.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 530 (TWE 3.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 71 (with minimum of 17 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 42 (with no communication band less than 36)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 162 with no less than 154 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Upper Intermediate Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.
Are you a visual thinker?
Create your future as an artist, taught by industry experienced and active practitioners.