Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
There are no minimum requirements.
- complete and submit the 2017 Visual Arts online pre-selection kit by 5 pm, Friday 25 November.
- attend an folio presentation (some applicants only).
You will receive notification via email if you are required to attend a folio presentation. Folio presentations will take place from:
- mid-October (non-school leavers) or
- late-November (school leavers).
After the folio presentation you will receive an advisory letter, by mid-December.
Pre-selection kit requirements
The pre-selection kit requires:
- an applicant statement of no more than 250 words outlining your interests and aspirations in relation to visual art
- a folio of up to 8 images of artwork that represents your skills and/or area/s of interest (maximum 10MB). Files must be formatted as JPEG.
Art and Design application tips
View the following videos for some practical application advice:
You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 (or equivalent senior secondary school qualification) with a minimum 50% average.
For information on international qualifications and corresponding entry requirements that are equivalent to an Australian Year 12, see the Entry requirements by country web page.
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post-secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
Pre-selection kit: You are required to submit a completed pre-selection kit (PDF 152kb 4p) along with your application.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 5.5 (with no individual band below 5.0)
- TOEFL (Paper based): minimum score of 530 (TWE 3.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 71 (with minimum of 17 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 42 (with no communication band less than 36)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) 162 with no less than 154 in anycomponent
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Upper Intermediate Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.