Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
You'll learn to work with patients of all ages in different environments. There is a focus on rehabilitation, aged care and mental health.
You'll be introduced to:
- basic anatomy and physiology
- wound management, including dressing application and wound care
- first aid
- infection control
- occupational health and safety.
Patient assessment is taught in mock wards using simulated mannequins and you’ll also do 5 to 6 weeks of clinical placements.
You'll focus on community care, mental health, aged care and medical/surgical nursing skills.
In your second year you will:
- develop your analytical skills as you learn to help care for patients with acute and chronic conditions
- be introduced to medication and intravenous administration
- learn how to implement nursing care plans and how to evaluate the care provided
- be trained in cultural diversity and how to cope with challenging behaviour
- do 4 to 5 weeks of clinical placements.