Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
This program focuses on engaging studio experiences that challenge you to develop innovative responses through both real and simulated projects.
You will be introduced to visual merchandising practice and develop a set of fundamental skills and knowledge covering:
- display and presentation
- design and digital publishing skills
- illustration drawing techniques
- colour theory
- visual merchandising theory and history
- 3D design and construction
- communication and workplace skills
- 2D design and concept development.
You will also further develop and refine your practice through project-based design studios and other courses including:
- shop window design
- in store design, presentation and display
- photo styling
- event and exhibition design
- lighting design for retail and large spaces
- branding and visual communication
- construction materials and techniques
- digital imaging and portfolio design.
This program has ongoing relationships with a number of leading retailers including Country Road, kikki.K, Sportsgirl Cotton On, Zoos Victoria and many more.
You will develop sophisticated display and presentation skills for retail, exhibition, events and photo styling. You will also receive digital training in CAD, digital imaging and multimedia.
Full-time students are expected to attend approximately 20 hours of classes per week. There are often concentrated periods of out-of-class work when assessments are due.
Plans are variations offered for a program such as specialisations, modes of delivery or location. Browse a plan to see the courses our students are currently studying.
Diploma of Visual Merchandising
|City Campus||1.5 years||080068F|