Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
This intensive 2-year, full-time program sets you up to enter the industry as a junior designer or continue with your studies with RMIT’s:
The program also works with organisations to help disadvantaged people. Past projects have included working with the Royal Childrens Hospital and the Philippine women’s collective on the reuse of local waste into retail products.
- work with project briefs
- apply traditional product development techniques and media
- work with the latest industry tools and practices
- use the new consumer product design process to resolve practical, manufacturing and sustainability/environmental issues.
- develop products with greater complexity and range, including assemblies, electrical enclosures and mechanical products
- research and analyse design and manufacturing ideas
- develop your skills and design communication.
Full-time students are expected to attend 21 hours of classes over 4 days and undertake approximately 15 hours of extra study and research weekly. You will be required to build models of your work, as well as present them in class and to industry in a professional manner.
Plans are variations offered for a program such as specialisations, modes of delivery or location. Browse a plan to see the courses our students are currently studying.
Diploma of Product Design
|City Campus||2 Years||080322G|