Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
There are no minimum academic entry requirements.
Semester 1, 2017
- complete and submit the 2017 Interior Design and Decorationselection kit by 5pm on:
Advisory letters will be sent from 12 December 2016.
Selection kit requirements
The selection kit requires:
- an applicant statement of no more than 300 words outlining why you want to study Interior Decoration and Design and
- a folio of 6-8 bodies of your work that reflect concept and finished skills in drawing, problem solving, creative use of colour, communication and 3D/spatial thinking and a computer generated project displaying skills of digital competency.
- Work should be a combination of development and finished work.
- Provide a statement of no more than 100 words for each piece of work, describing the task and the outcome.
Your folio of 6 - 8 images must be a single PDF (maximum 10MB), or a URL to a single PDF if online.
Art and Design application tips
View the following videos for some practical application advice:
You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 (or equivalent senior secondary school qualification) with a minimum 50% average.
For information on international qualifications and corresponding entry requirements that are equivalent to an Australian Year 12, see the Entry requirements by country web page.
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post secondary Diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
Folio: Please supply evidence of your creativity in the form of a folio that contains a maximum of 6-8 pieces that reflect concept and finished skills in drawing, problem solving, and creative use of colour, communication and 3D/spatial thinking and a print out of a computer generated project displaying skills of digital competency. Selected work should be a combination of development and finished work. Folios must be submitted electronically in PDF format. Each electronic file should be no larger than 10MB.
Folio presentation: You must present your folio to a selection panel. Where necessary, this may be conducted via email, phone or Skype.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 5.5 (with no individual band below 5.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 530 (TWE 3.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 71 (with minimum of 17 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 42 (with no communication band less than 36)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 162 with no less than 154 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Upper Intermediate Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.