Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 or an equivalent senior secondary school qualification with a minimum average of 50% (check calculator below).
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post-secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
You may also be considered if you have work experience in this field.
Meeting the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee entry. Your application will still need to be assessed and accepted.
Pre-selection kit: You must complete a pre-selection kit (PDF 1.03 MB 4p).
Folio presentation: You may be required to attend an interview and folio presentation.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 5.5 (with no individual band below 5.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 530 (TWE 3.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 71 (with minimum of 17 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 42 (with no communication band less than 36)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 162 with no less than 154 in any component.
There are no minimum requirements.
- complete and submit the 2017 Visual Arts online pre-selection kit by 5 pm, Monday 30 January, 2017.
- attend an folio presentation (some applicants only).
You will receive notification via email if you are required to attend a folio presentation.
Applicants that applied before Friday 25 November 2016 will receive an advisory letter, by mid-December. All other applicants will receive offers in December 2016 – January 2017.
Pre-selection kit requirements
The pre-selection kit requires:
- an applicant statement of no more than 250 words outlining your interests and aspirations in relation to visual art
- a folio of up to 8 images of artwork that represents your skills and/or area/s of interest (maximum 10MB). Files must be formatted as JPEG.
Art and Design application tips
View the following videos for some practical application advice:
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Upper Intermediate Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.