Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
You'll learn to work with patients of all ages in different environments. There is a focus on rehabilitation, aged care and mental health.
You'll be introduced to:
- basic anatomy and physiology
- wound management, including dressing application and wound care
- first aid
- infection control
- occupational health and safety
Patient assessment is taught in mock wards using simulated mannequins and you’ll also do five to six weeks of clinical placements.
You'll focus on community care, mental health, aged care and medical/surgical nursing skills.
In your second year you will:
- develop your analytical skills as you learn to help care for patients with acute and chronic conditions
- be introduced to medication and intravenous administration
- learn how to implement nursing care plans and how to evaluate the care provided
- be trained in cultural diversity and how to cope with challenging behaviour
- do four to five weeks of clinical placements.
Plans are variations offered for a program such as specialisations, modes of delivery or location. Browse a plan to see the courses our students are currently studying.
Work-ready in less time
Give yourself the option of working anywhere in Australia as soon as you graduate with the Diploma of Nursing.