Blackboard will be upgraded from version 9.1 service pack 9 to service pack 13 on Saturday December 7th 2013. This will require an outage of up to 24 hours from 12.01am.
Changes to Blackboard and supporting tools include:
- New and improved features within Blackboard Learn
- Mobile Apps for Blackboard
- GradeMark and PeerMark available within Turnitin
- The CampusLX blog and wiki tool will be retired
Full details including user guides will be available for users before the upgrade is in place.
Blackboard is the course level online learning management system (LMS) used at RMIT. Teachers and their students will have access to an online Blackboard shell for their courses. All undergraduate courses and many post graduate courses have Blackboard shells which can be used for a variety of learning and teaching activities including:
- Creating and distributing interactive course activities and content.
- Engaging and communicating with students through social learning.
- Managing student collaborative and reflective activities.
- Conducting online assessment.
- Storing assessment to comply with assessment requirements.
- Recording and distributing student grades.
Blackboard in Vietnam
Blackboard 8 is the current version available to RMIT Vietnam staff. Courses cannot be exported out of v9.1, which is used in Melbourne, and imported in v8. Individual files need to be sent to Vietnam staff.