The Committee provides advice to Academic Board on RMIT’s academic performance, innovative approaches to learning and teaching and changes in the external policy environment.
The functions of the Education Innovation and Quality Committee are to:
- pro-actively monitor metrics and data related to academic performance and student feedback and recommend initiatives and remedial actions to improve performance;
- identify, support and champion strategic innovative learning and teaching, including innovative use of technology;
- anticipate changes in the external policy environment and develop strategies to best position RMIT in light of these changes;
- promote a data-driven and evidence-based approach to developing and enhancing learning and teaching outcomes;
- monitor the quality of programs at RMIT and make recommendations to enhance the quality of programs;
- oversee compliance risks related to academic programs; and
- consider program proposals referred at the discretion of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Education.
The Committee is chaired by Professor Belinda Tynan.
- Education Innovation and Quality Committee membership 2018
For details of meeting dates and further information about Research Committee and its sub-committees, please visit the Education Innovation and Quality Committee Google Site.