The Research Committee has been established to provide advice and recommendations to Academic Board on policies, processes and quality assurance relating to research and research training.
The Research Committee makes recommendations to Academic Board on:
- ways to promote and encourage excellence and innovation to enhance the quality of research at the University;
- policy and reviewing the University’s strategy as it relates to research and research training;
- matters related to research integrity and the responsible conduct of research; and
- the development, amendment or discontinuation of research programs.
The committee also receives advice from its two subcommittees. The Graduate Research Committee provides advice on the trends, regulations, policies, procedures, guidelines, and quality assurance relating to higher degree by research programs, HDR candidates and supervisors. The HDR Scholarships Subcommittee provides advice on matters related to the allocation of research scholarships at RMIT.
The Committee is chaired by Professor Calum Drummond. Research Committee membership includes academics, professional staff, HDR candidates and senior executives, all of whom play active roles in generating and/or supporting research at RMIT.
For details of meeting dates and further information about Research Committee and its sub-committees, please visit the Research Committee Google Site.
There are two standing committees of the Research Committee:
- Graduate Research Committee
- Scholarship and Research Training Scheme Subcommittee
For more information, please see Research Committee terms of reference (PDF 42kb).