Make provisions for conferral of titles on persons who are associated with the University in a substantial way.
(1) The purpose of these Regulations is to make provision for conferral of titles on persons who are associated with the University in a substantial way, including persons who are not employed or appointed to established or recurrent positions.
2. Authorising Provision
(1) These Regulations are made under the RMIT Statute No.1 and sections 28, 29 and 30 of the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology Act 2010.
(1) In these Regulations:
adjunct professor or adjunct associate professor or adjunct principal research fellow means a person recognized as a person of eminence in a profession or industry whose appointment will assist in developing and strengthening engagement with industry and the professions or enhancing the levels of experience and expertise within the University.
associate or clinical associate means a suitably qualified and experienced person who would contribute to the teaching, research or advancement of the University in an honorary capacity, and in the case of a clinical associate, the person must be qualified in a recognized clinical area.
emeritus professor means a retired or former professor of the University in recognition of significant academic service to the University.
honorary professor or honorary associate professor or honorary principal research fellow means an experienced and research active professor, associate professor or honorary principal research fellow who could continue their work to the benefit of their discipline and to RMIT.
senior industry fellow means a person with a significant record of service within a relevant industry and demonstrated professional achievement in the relevant area whose appointment will contribute to the teaching, research or advancement of the University and may teach and be involved in course design.
visiting professor or visiting associate professor or visiting principal research fellow or visiting research fellow means a member of the teaching or research staff of another educational or research institute or a member of an industry body who is research active.
(1) Subject to the relevant policies and procedures, the University may appoint:
a) Emeritus Professors
b) Honorary Professors
c) Honorary Associate Professors
d) Honorary Principal Research Fellows
e) Visiting Professors
f) Visiting Associate Professors
g) Visiting Principal Research Fellows
h) Visiting Research Fellows
i) Adjunct Professors,
j) Adjunct Associate Professors
k) Adjunct Principal Research Fellows
m) Clinical Associates, and
n) Senior Industry Fellows
on such terms and conditions as it decides.
5. Revocation of Regulations
(1) On the commencement of these Regulations the following Regulations are revoked:
a) Regulation 3.9.1 Professors Emeritus
b) Regulation 3.10.1 Adjunct Professors.