The Education Portfolio provides support services to our programs, including professional development of academic staff, improvement of the student experience and learning and teaching outcomes.
The Portfolio is headed by Professor Belinda Tynan, the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Education and Vice President who leads the planning and implementation of the University’s strategies related to RMIT’s academic programs and the student experience. The Portfolio is responsible for services to support the quality of RMIT programs, including the professional development of academic staff, continuous improvement of the student experience, learning and teaching outcomes and the management of learning and research information sources.
The Education Portfolio plays a key role in empowering students to access education, participate actively in the life of the University and achieve successful and fulfilling lives beyond graduation. The provision of a stimulating and satisfying experience for students is a priority for the University.
The Portfolio is responsible for:
- development and implementation of the Academic Plan in accordance with University strategy as it relates to best practice in learning and teaching, student experience and academic staffing
- oversight of quality assurance for RMIT programs and their contribution to the development of improved outcomes for students and partners
- development and implementation of policy relating to academic profile and its impact on academic programs and staff
- leadership and management of relevant projects deemed as priorities in the RMIT Strategic Plan and Business Plan
- provision of learning resources through the RMIT University Library
- identifying and planning for administrative and support services to meet the needs of different student cohorts, on and offshore, across the student life cycle
- promoting access to Vocational Education and Higher Education by students from diverse backgrounds and targeted equity groups
- developing and maintaining systems, processes and procedures related to the student record.
Organisational chart (PDF, 52KB) (Google Drive, Login Required) of the Education Portfolio Executive Group as of October 2017.
Academic Registrar's Group
The Academic Registrar’s Group (ARG) supports the core activities relating to the RMIT student lifecycle - from admissions through to graduation.Academic Registrar's Group
Careers and Employability
RMIT Careers and Employability collaborates with stakeholders on key curricular, co-curricular and employment services and activities that help build the employability of our students and graduates.
Find out moreCareers and Employability
Indigenous Education and Engagement
This group has been created to work across the University and with stakeholders to position RMIT as a leading voice in the public discourse on issues affecting Indigenous communities.
Find out moreIndigenous Education and Engagement
Ngarara Willim Centre
The Ngarara Willim Centre supports Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to reach their potential with a range of study, living and cultural services.
Find out moreNgarara Willim Centre
Office of the Associate DVCE
The Office of the Associate DVCE provides support, advice and strategic input to the DVCE.Office of the Associate DVCE
RMIT Connect and Student Life
RMIT Connect and Student Life is responsible for RMIT student service and support, student life (extra and co-curricula activities and clubs) and student communication.
Find out moreRMIT Connect and Student Life
Student Wellbeing and Commercial Services
The Student Wellbeing and Commercial Services Group leads the provision of services to support the welfare and wellbeing of students.
Find out moreStudent Wellbeing and Commercial Services
The Education Portfolio is delivering a suite of projects aimed at improving the student experience and inspiring our teachers under the RMIT Strategic Plan 2020.
Find out moreCurrent Projects
University Library and Student Success
RMIT University Library and Student Success provides resources, information services and learning and teaching support.
University Library and Student SuccessUniversity Library and Student Success