The Academic Registrar’s Group (ARG) supports the core activities relating to the RMIT student lifecycle - from admissions through to graduation.
Our mission is to deliver, in partnership with the RMIT University community, academic policies,
The Academic Registrar's Group (ARG) is part of the Education Portfolio.
Our work supports the core University activities that relate to the student lifecycle of:
- academic policies and compliance
- program and course approval
- student records administration
- student complaints
- assessment and examinations
The Academic Registrar’s Group (ARG) employs more than 170 staff who are responsible for delivering academic policies,
The Office of the Academic Registrar leads and supports the ARG’s key work areas by providing expertise in academic planning, project management,
Key work areas
There are three key work areas within the ARG in Melbourne:
- Student Governance – manages sensitive and confidential processes relating to student appeals, complaints and allegations of student
misconduct. . Enrolmentand Student Records – as the business process owners of University enrolments, Enrolmentand Student Records teams strive for excellence by maintaining and updating quality processes while providing formal, streamlined procedures through consultation and advice with all relevant stakeholders.
- Business Systems and Processes – provides systems support to business processes, including help with configuration,