This group has been created to work across the University and with stakeholders to position RMIT as a leading voice in the public discourse on issues affecting Indigenous communities.
The role of Indigenous Education and Engagement is crucial to building the vibrant culture of respect and participation that is central to RMIT’s Strategic Goals of inclusion, diversity and indigenous affairs.
Key focus areas are:
- To drive engagement between Indigenous and non-Indigenous as core business of the University
- To coordinate the development and advancement of Indigenous academic spaces
- To identify and act on opportunities across the University which can further RMIT's Reconciliation Action Plan
- To align Indigenous spaces and projects with the strategic plan Ready for Life and Work, ensuring coherent direction underpinned by a comprehensive engagement strategy
- Drafting and implementation of the Bundyi Girri Plan (Wiradjeri for "shared futures") by Dec 2017
Organisational chart (PDF, 54KB) (Google Drive, Login Required) of the Indigenous Education and Engagement as of June 2017.