We are responsible for directing the strategic development and overseeing the management of RMIT's engagement in the Vocational Education sector.
Key strategic development functions are to:
- represent RMIT University to external agencies on matters concerning vocational education
- provide leadership and expert advice to RMIT's colleges and schools regarding the provision of vocational education within the University to meet the needs of its clients
- provide strategic development of RMIT's vocational education profile and activities
- lead industry engagement in vocational education provision and innovation
- develop enhanced international activity in vocational education, in collaboration with the Engagement and Vocational Education, and International portfolios
- promote the University's vocational education capabilities - internally and externally, locally and internationally.
The key operational functions are:
- oversees business strategies to align the college's annual profile planning process with the vocational education strategy 2014-18
- monitors contractual arrangements between RMIT and external agencies
- coordinates cross-portfolio and cross-sectoral cooperation on all matters pertaining to vocational education at RMIT, for example, the establishment of cross-industry business development projects.