The College of Business Doctoral Training Centre (DTC) fosters a world-class research environment in which candidates produce cutting edge theses that will help shape future society and innovation.
The DTC facilitates a common platform for learning, sharing ideas and networking. The centre hosts two conferences per year and provides regular professional opportunities in the form of workshops and competitions.
The centre’s key strengths are its multidisciplinary approach and strong external links.
In the last 10 years, the College of Business has successfully graduated over 300 Higher Degree by Research (HDR) candidates. Currently we have over 300 HDR candidates spread across nine disciplinary areas. In each of these disciplines we have world class researchers and supervisors who have strong links with industry, government, academia and community organisations.
The aims of the Doctoral Training Centre:
Engagement with industry:
- Continue to grow our track record of industry funded scholarships by building on the relationships we have with world leading organisations.
- Incorporation of best practices into the programs as guided by our industry advisory panel thus enabling our graduates to excel in their chosen careers.
Enhancement of the candidate experience:
- To provide special programs and events such as the 3 minute thesis competition with a view to developing professional skills.
- Encourage participation in prestigious academic conferences thus helping candidates network with their peers across the research sector.
The Doctoral Training Centre’s current initiatives include:
- Candidate training focussing on multi-disciplinary skills and professional development
- Industry linked scholarships and funding
- Facilitating industry engagement and work experience
People and Contacts
Professor Adela McMurray
Director, Doctoral Training Centre
All DTC related enquiries can be emailed to: email@example.com