RMIT is looking for academic leaders in our art, architecture, fashion, design and communication disciplines.
- Associate Dean Communication Design, School of Design
- Associate Dean Industrial Design, School of Design
- Associate Dean Landscape Architecture, School of Architecture and Urban Design
- Associate Dean Communication, School of Media and Communication
- Associate Dean Fine Art, School of Art
- Associate Dean Photography, School of Art
- Associate Dean Research and Innovation, School of Art
- Associate Dean Fashion and Textiles Design, School of Fashion and Textiles
- Associate Dean Fashion and Textiles Technology, School of Fashion and Textiles
- Associate Dean Fashion Enterprise, School of Fashion and Textiles
- Associate Dean, Digital Design
- Associate Dean, Sustainability and Urban Planning
Building on RMIT's leading reputation in design and creative practice education and research, and following a recent strategic review, we're creating a new School of Design and offering a number of new academic leadership opportunities.
The School of Design will bring together our expertise in industrial design, communication design, digital media, games, and animation and interactive media, and gives us a platform to grow our activity in emerging areas such as human-centred design, user experience (UX) and design thinking.
The School of Media and Communication will continue to focus on its close engagement with the dynamic media and communications industries.
The current School of Architecture and Design will be retitled as the School of Architecture and Urban Design to more clearly signal the importance of its urban design context.
Completing the University’s comprehensive range of creative practice activity, our historic School of Art and entrepreneurial School of Fashion and Textiles are also looking to fill a number of school academic leadership positions.
We are seeking passionate, venturous and experienced academic leaders who are able to lead academic teams in a dynamic and innovative environment. Successful applicants will demonstrate a strong commitment to key College strategic priorities related to partnership and integrated practice: praxis (integrated practice led, industry engaged and partnered, teaching and research); and cross-disciplinary collaboration; to ensure meaningful outcomes for our students and industry and community partners.
This is an opportunity to become a part of the enterprising and student-centred culture of education at RMIT, a university that creates life-changing experiences for its students and harnesses the passion of the RMIT community, with purpose, to shape our world.
RMIT strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander persons. If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, and you would like to have a confidential discussion about your future career with RMIT before applying, please contact Professor Mark McMillan, Deputy PVC Indigenous Education and Engagement.
Apply now and be a part of a growing, imaginative learning environment that’s helping to shape the minds of tomorrow.