Our IT researchers make a strong contribution to the fast-developing knowledge of information and computing technology.
With internationally recognised outcomes in both applied and theoretical research, the College is making a strong contribution to the fast-developing knowledge of computing technology.
We have increased our research capability through the recruitment of world-class researchers and the creation of significant collaborative partnerships.
Our researchers contribute to solutions in a range of industries including medical, education, nanotechnology, automotive, mobile and smart devices.
Current research areas include:
- Algorithms for massive data sets
- Cloud computing
- Data analytics
- Data mining and data management
- Distributed systems
- Network systems
- Machine learning, optimisation
- Information and signal processing
- Intelligent agents
- Search engines
- Data security
Centres and facilities
- Information and Systems (Engineering) Enabling Capability Platform
- Communication Technologies Research Centre
- RMIT Data Analytics Lab