The Bundoora Soundscape System was installed as part of RMIT’s Bundoora Pedestrian Spine project, a walk way between a main road through reclaimed wetlands.
The first in a planned series of multichannel soundscape systems for RMIT campuses, the site was opened on 24 March 2014.
The twenty channel soundscape system was added to the project in early 2014 and installed along the edge of the bridge, partially concealed behind detailing of the structure. Installation and commissioning of the final system will be completed through 2014. While multi-channel sound works from the RMIT Sound Art Collection were used for the opening event, plans are being made for a series of new commissions and acquisitions specific to this site.
- Suzanne Davies, RMIT Gallery Director and Chief Curator
- Jon Buckingham, Collections Coordinator
- Lawrence Harvey, SIAL Sound Studios and Artistic Advisor to the RMIT Sound Art Collection
- Jeffrey Hannam, SIAL Sound Studios and Production Coordinator.
- Stephen Adam, Spatial Audio Consultant
Equipment and installation, CMI Music and Audio