WasP is an interactive performance environment for multichannel spatial soundscape composition, curation and design.
WasP was developed at RMIT University’s SIAL Sound Studios as part of a Design Research Institute funded pilot. The pilot produced strategies to support the composition and curation of complex spatial works over publicly installed soundscape systems.
- scalable client/server playback system
- algorithmically generated data sets for controlling playback speed, volume and spatialisation routines
- automated control techniques
- integrated sound spatialisation modules
- methods for soundscape creation and soundscape curation.