RMIT's School of Engineering is renowned for its industry-relevant high quality teaching and research, its globally competitive graduates and its international linkages.
Our vision is to be recognised for innovative, industry-relevant teaching and research, and work-ready graduates
Our key discipline areas provide programs with flexible pathways to global careers or postgraduate research, and encompass:
- Aerospace Engineering and Aviation
- Chemical and Environmental Engineering
- Civil and Infrastructure Engineering
- Electrical and Biomedical Engineering
- Electronic and Telecommunications Engineering
- Mechanical and Automotive Engineering
- Manufacturing, Materials and Mechatronics Engineering
RMIT engineering is ranked 100th in the world and 7th in Australia (Source, QS World University Rankings by Subject 2018). The rankings for specific discipline areas include:
- Top 100 for Electrical and Electronic Engineering (5th in Australia)
- Top 100 for Civil and Infrastructure Engineering (9th in Australia)
- Top 150 for Chemical Engineering (8th in Australia)
- Top 150 for Mechanical, Aerospace and Manufacturing Engineering (6th in Australia).
Globally recognised for research excellence, our School achieved a ranking of 4, out of a possible 5, in the 2015 Excellence in Research in Australia (ERA) audit.