Industry partnership and engagement is a core activity of the School of Engineering and the wider RMIT community.
The School of Engineering is committed to driving innovation and collaboration through our vast and growing industry partnerships.
Our industry partners range from small companies to multinational organisations.
Industry engagement occurs in many forms, including:
- student work placements and internships
- graduate employment
- participation in University Industry Advisory Committees to provide advice on engineering programs
- participation in Research Committees to provide advice on current and emerging research trends to support industry growth
- involvement in the RMIT Engineering Learning Factory, an initiative modelling on a fully functioning R&D department
- sponsorship of prizes to recognise high achieving students
- offering short course training for industry staff development
- research and consultancy
- support of Higher Degree by Research students
Engineering industry experience placement program
The engineering experience placement program is a cornerstone of RMIT University’s approach to industry-relevant education and training.
Find out moreEngineering industry experience placement program
Engineering Capstone Projects
Final year engineering students undertake a Capstone Project with industry that provides an authentic problem solving engineering experience.
Find out moreEngineering Capstone Projects
The annual School of Engineering Prize Ceremony recognises excellence in studies and academic achievement. Industry partners are invited to sponsor prizes honouring outstanding student performance.
Find out morePrizes sponsorship
EnGenius student design showcase
EnGenius is an annual industry sponsored exhibition that showcases third and fourth year projects from students in the School of Engineering.EnGenius student design showcase
There are many ways to get involved with the RMIT University School of Engineering.