The School of Engineering supports an active industry-based research program with state-of-the-art research facilities.
As one of Australia’s leading educational institutions, RMIT offers a rich and rewarding educational experience to nearly 10,000 postgraduate students every year. Our postgraduate research programs offer an opportunity to undertake innovative world-class research dedicated to the solution of real problems. You can work independently and cooperatively, interact with experts in your chosen field of research and participate in the commercialisation process.
2018 project guides
Before applying for a postgraduate research degree, you must select a project from the guides listed below.
- Aerospace engineering and aviation (PDF, 436KB, 40 pages)
- Chemical and environmental engineering (PDF, 435KB, 34 pages)
- Civil and infrastructure engineering (PDF, 436KB, 49 pages)
- Electrical and biomedical engineering (PDF, 318KB, 39 pages)
- Electronic and telecommunications engineering (PDF, 414KB, 55 pages)
- Manufacturing materials and mechatronics (PDF, 296KB, 38 pages)
- Mechanical and automotive engineering (PDF, 364KB, 35 pages)
How to apply
To find out details about how to apply, refer to the How to apply section on each of the Postgraduate research degree pages listed below.
Postgraduate research degrees
- Master of Engineering (Aerospace Engineering)
- Master of Engineering (Chemical Engineering)
- Master of Engineering (Civil Engineering)
- Master of Engineering (Electrical & Electronic Engineering)
- Master of Engineering (Environmental Engineering)
- Master of Engineering (Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering)
- PhD (Aerospace Engineering)
- PhD (Chemical Engineering)
- PhD (Civil Engineering)
- PhD (Electrical & Electronic Engineering)
- PhD (Environmental Engineering)
- PhD (Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering)
A range of scholarships are available for students considering research programs. A number of the scholarships offer students the opportunity to participate in the research being undertaken by academic staff in the School. Find out more about RMIT postgraduate research scholarships
Resources and support
For past theses and links to the full publications please visit the RMIT Research Repository.
If you have an inquiry about studying a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) in our school, please contact the School of Engineering HDR Administration Team.