The School of Health and Biomedical Sciences focuses on the growing areas of medical, health and biomedical sciences.
Based at the RMIT Bundoora campus, the School was formed to:
- develop well-qualified practitioners, embedded with a strong community focus
- drive Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education and training
- create new, direct education opportunities in response to industry requirements
- foster collaboration in teaching and research
- create shared areas of excellence.
Our teaching promotes international experiences including advanced clinical training at Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine, China, as well as humanitarian student projects to provide care to disadvantaged communities in India, Philippines and Samoa, and global placements for students majoring in one of the biomedical sciences.
Campus facilities incorporate the latest advances in technology and infrastructure and include:
- the award-winning biosciences building
- excellent pathology, haematology and medical imaging laboratories
- world class anatomy and cell biology laboratories
- radiation therapy planning workstations
- the first OECD Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) accredited pre-clinical lab in Victoria
- first Hermes workstations for nuclear medicine
- new, purpose-built health sciences clinic.