This research project investigates the quality of the working lives of Victorian women in the film, television and related industries (including digital media and games).
Through a survey of 135 people working in the Victorian audiovisual industries (conducted in November 2010 and collated finally in the report released in February 2012), this research examined the participation of women in these industries and has gathered data on areas such as: issues affecting women, the progress of women in various sectors, training, career pathways, employment security and mobility.
Researcher: Associate Professor Lisa French
- Women In Film and Television (WIFT, Vic)
- Sue Maslin, Independent Film Producer (Film Art Media)
- The Australian Writers’ Guild (AWG, Vic.)
- The Australian Film Institute (AFI)
- The Victorian Women’s Trust; Film Victoria
- The Australian Teachers of Media (ATOM)