The Employer of Choice Code of Conduct protects guides employers and students in working together to promote and maintain ethical, just and responsible work environments.
Industry partners/employers agree to:
- discuss and understand the study situation of any student they take on, and allow flexibility to attend classes as required.
- ensure that , if they are providing an ongoing role, their student employee is equipped to develop, grow and succeed within the organisation.
- maintain a professional and safe environment for all employees.
- document all work undertaken (in the form of a written agreement) and remunerate student/graduate employees in accordance with the Australian Government’s minimum wage requirements (as a minimum – based on experience and relevance to the organisation and the role).
- provide ongoing feedback, support and guidance to students and the School of Property, Construction and Project Management.
Students agree to:
- ensure information they provide in their job application is accurate and honest.
- conduct themselves professionally, honestly and ethically at all times.
- provide feedback to the School when they find out the outcome of their application to participate in an Employer of Choice graduate program or other activity.
- dress, speak and present themselves appropriately when interviewing and working at an Employer of Choice.