We have an established record of providing consultancy services to industry and government organisations on a long or short term basis.
Our aim is to assist industry to understand their responsibilities and obligations under health and safety legislation in the field of laboratory safety. Services include:
- auditing to AS/NZS 2243 and to Office of the Gene Technology Regulator (OGTR) PC 1 and PC 2 level.
- advice on laboratory design and construction
- workplace design and layout
- plant risk assessment and risk control (including pre-purchase evaluation)
- personal protective equipment advice
- manual handling and ergonomic assessments
- preparation of technical documents (safety manuals, risk assessments)
We also offer a range of laboratory safety short courses and specialist single subjects which service the training needs of our many clients. Training may be held at RMIT using our many facilities or they can be presented at your organisation.
- Safety in School Laboratories – Chemical and Laboratory Safety (1 Day)
- Laboratory Safety – Compressed Gas and Cryogenic Safety
- Laboratory Safety – Ergonomics and Manual Handling
- Laboratory Safety – Introduction to Nanomaterials and Work Health and Safety (1 Day)
- Laboratory Safety – Handling and Storage Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Substances