The School of Vocational Business Education is a leading shaper and provider of education and training services to support industry needs.
Our contemporary suite of solutions assist individuals to realise professional goals, and industry to achieve improved business outcomes.
Business Enterprise Unit
The Business Enterprise Unit provides training and mentoring programs targeted to the students and the micro and small business sector, particularly small business start-up.
Industry based program options
Extensive links with industry representatives through Industry Advisory Committees and Work Integrated Learning activities is the cornerstone of the School of Vocational Business Education industry focus.
These unique partnerships ensure program development aligns to current and future market needs. They also provide ongoing intelligence about ways of enhancing workforce capability and achieving business outcomes.
Key features of industry based programs:
- Customised to specific industry needs with input and delivery by industry experts
- Range of workforce development solutions available
- Funding options available
- Flexible delivery options – work-based and campus-based delivery
- Formally recognised programs and non-accredited options
- Excellence in educational facilitation
- Recognition of prior learning
- Options for further study
- Modern CBD facilities
Accredited Vocational Education and Training (VET) and Associate Degree programs
The School of Vocational Business Education has an impressive array of programs which supports employment and upskilling within industry. These programs range from Certificate III to Advanced Diploma and Associate Degree levels and can be delivered in their entirety or offered as skill-sets to support industry needs.
In response to the needs of both industry and individuals for specific job and career upskilling, the School of Vocational Business Education has developed a range of short courses.
Work-based traineeships provide opportunities for both new and existing workers to gain knowledge and skills and a qualification whilst they are working. A customised training plan is developed in conjunction with the employer to ensure work relevance and achievement of personal goals and business outcomes.
There may also be federal incentives and state based funding available to support traineeships. An Australian Apprenticeship Centre must be contacted to determine eligibility.
How we work with business clients:
- Identifying opportunities for workforce development and improved business outcomes
- Customising training courses in line with individual business policy, processes and goals
- Assigning industry current facilitators to fully engage staff
- Managing relationships to ensure real workforce development needs are met
- Recommending industry relevant programs and qualifications for sponsored education of individual employees
- Maintaining industry relevance through continuous engagement in activities including alumni involvement, industry advisory committees, workplace learning initiatives, sponsorships, local and global alliances, business plan competitions, business simulation, virtual practice firms, and cooperative education
- Employing the latest educational methods to enhance the learning experience (e.g. online learning, work-based projects and activities, online support, learning management system)
- Project management and evaluation strategy to ensure project deliverables and expected outcomes are met
- Developing seamless pathways to higher qualifications at RMIT
Industry and Workforce Development Training
Manager, Business Development,
Tel: 9925 5462
Mob: 0498 130 114
RMIT Training Pty Ltd
Tel. +61 3 9925 8111