The Business Enterprise Unit offers a number of electives and short courses designed to provide skills for self-employment.
Several 12 credit point electives are available to undergraduate and postgraduate students from a variety of disciplines to get you enterprise-ready. These practical, project-based courses cover the stages from concept through to launch.
- promotes entrepreneurial thinking
- focuses on researching and developing a business plan centred on your individual talents or passion
- introduces you to relevant legal, regulatory, financial and administrative requirements to run a business
- develops business skills such as business planning and market profiling to enable you to become self-employed or launch an entrepreneurial venture
- exposes you to various pitching and profiling techniques to promote yourself and the business to clients, industry partners and stakeholders.
By the end of the course you will have applied your knowledge to develop marketing and financial plans as part of your Business Canvas, the blueprint to manage and grow your own entrepreneurial venture.
For enquiries please contact Fida Chahda, email email@example.com.
Business Skills for Start Ups
Designed for undergraduate and postgraduate students from any discipline, this elective focuses on entrepreneurship, and product and service innovation for your real or simulated small business concept.
The course is offered during both semesters at the Melbourne City campus.
- Business Skills for Start Ups - Undergraduate students
RMIT course code: BUSM4599
- Business Skills for Start Ups - Postgraduate students
RMIT course code: BUSM4598
Business Skills for Creative Industries
This elective is delivered as a semester-based course or in an accelerated mode to give current students the skills to launch their own business or creative enterprise.
Becoming self-employed is a reality for many RMIT graduates, and these inspirational courses offer enterprise knowledge to design your own future. Upon completion, you will have the skills and knowledge to undertake key business-related activities such as contract work, consulting, freelancing, working as an artist, securing project work and developing a small business.
The course is offered during both semesters at the Melbourne City campus, plus spring and summer semester offerings in accelerated mode, delivered over twelve days (6 hours per day).
- Business Skills for the Creative Industries - Undergraduate students
RMIT course code: BUSM3322
- Business Skills for the Creative Industries - Postgraduate students
RMIT course code: BUSM3323
Business Skills for Health Professionals
This 12 credit point elective is offered to higher education students undertaking a variety of health disciplines. This skills-based elective is designed to provide business skills and knowledge to successfully develop and start up your own business or practice.
The course is offered during both semesters at the Bundoora campus.
- Business Skills for Health Professionals - Undergraduate students
RMIT course code: BUSM3325
Business Skills for Health Professionals - Postgraduate students
RMIT course code: BUSM3326
Short Course - Certificate IV in New Small Business Management
RMIT’s nationally-accredited program (BSB42615) to help you create a viable small business by offering training and support by experienced business practitioners. Topics covered include business planning, legal compliance, marketing, operations, finances, and record keeping.