RMIT University is 21st in the world among universities less than 50 years old (2018–19 QS Top 50 Under 50 index).
- 15th highest ranked university in Australia and 250th in the world *
- 40th in the world for the international profile of the University's academic staff *
- 108th in the world for employer reputation (8th in Australia and 3rd in Victoria) *
- 11th in the world for Art and Design (highest ranked in Australia) ^
- 26th in the world for Architecture and the Built Environment (4th highest in Australia) ^
- Among the world's top 100 universities in Education; Engineering (Civil and Structural); Engineering (Electrical and Electronic); Computer Science and Information Systems; Communication and Media Studies; Development Studies; Business and Management Studies; and Accounting and Finance ^
- Among the world's top 150 universities in Engineering (Chemical); Engineering (Mechanical, Aeronautical and Manufacturing), Geography; and Social Sciences and Management ^
- 15th globally for graduate employment (2nd in Australia and 6th in the Asia-Pacific region) #
*2018–19 QS World University Rankings
^2018 QS World University Rankings by Subject
#2018 QS Graduate Employability Rankings
QS rankings are among the most influential and widely observed international university rankings.
RMIT has a 5-Star QS ranking for excellence in higher education. This groups us with the world's leading universities for excellence in higher education.
The QS Stars international evaluation system rates universities worldwide on performance indicators including teaching, facilities, infrastructure, internationalisation, engagement and student employability. Universities are awarded a rating from 0 to 5 Stars, based on the number of points achieved through the evaluation.