RMIT University is 18th in the world among universities less than 50 years old (2017–18 QS Top 50 Under 50 index).
- 14th highest ranked university in Australia and 247th in the world *
- 37th in the world for the international profile of the University's academic staff *
- 115th in the world for employer reputation (8th in Australia and 3rd in Victoria) *
- 17th in the world for Art and Design (highest ranked in Australia) ^
- 28th in the world for Architecture and the Built Environment (4th highest in Australia) ^
- Among the world's top 100 universities in Education; Engineering (Civil and Structural); Engineering (Electrical and Electronic); Computer Science and Information Systems; Communication and Media Studies; Development Studies; and Business and Management Studies ^
- Among the world's top 150 universities in Accounting and Finance; Engineering (Chemical); and Engineering (Mechanical, Aeronautical and Manufacturing) ^
- 15th globally for graduate employment (2nd in Australia and 6th in the Asia-Pacific region) #
*2017–18 QS World University Rankings
^2017 QS World University Rankings by Subject
#2018 QS Graduate Employability Rankings
QS rankings are among the most influential and widely observed international university rankings.
RMIT has a 5-Star QS ranking for excellence in higher education. This groups us with the world's leading universities for excellence in higher education.
The QS Stars international evaluation system rates universities world-wide on a range of performance indicators including teaching, facilities, infrastructure, internationalisation, engagement and student employability. Universities are awarded a rating from 0 to 5 Stars, based on the number of points achieved through the evaluation.