RMIT University has a 5-Star QS ranking for excellence in higher education and is 18th in the world among universities less than 50 years old (2017–18 QS Top 50 Under 50 index).
- 14th highest ranked university in Australia and 247th in the world*
- 37th in the world for the international profile of the University's academic staff*
- 115th in the world for employer reputation (8th in Australia and 3rd in Victoria)*
- 17th in the world for Art and Design (highest ranked in Australia)^
- 28th in the world for Architecture and the Built Environment (4th highest in Australia)^
- Among the world's top 100 universities in Education; Engineering (Civil and Structural); Engineering (Electrical and Electronic); Computer Science and Information Systems; Communication and Media Studies; Development Studies; and Business and Management Studies ^
- Among the world's top 150 universities in Accounting and Finance; Engineering (Chemical); and Engineering (Mechanical, Aeronautical and Manufacturing)^
- 15th globally for graduate employment rate (second in Australia and sixth in the Asia Pacific).#
*2017-18 QS World University Rankings
^2017 QS World University Rankings by Subject
#2018 QS Graduate Employability Rankings
In the 2017 QS Graduate Employability Rankings, RMIT is ranked seventh in Australia and 71-80 in the world on the basis of employer reputation, alumni outcomes, partnerships with employers, employer-student connections and graduate employment rate.
QS rankings are among the most influential and widely observed international university rankings.
RMIT has a 5-Star QS ranking for excellence in higher education. This groups us with the world's leading universities for excellence in higher education.
The QS Stars international evaluation system rates universities world-wide on a range of performance indicators including teaching, facilities, infrastructure, internationalisation, engagement and student employability. Universities are awarded a rating from 0 to 5 Stars, based on the number of points achieved through the evaluation.