As Director of the RMIT Design Archives, Professor Harriet Edquist coordinates its expanding research program and supervises a number of doctoral candidates in practice-based research and thesis mode.
Practice Research Symposium (PRS) Series
Six times a year, the postgraduate cohort from the School of Architecture and Design come together to be part of a Practice Research Symposium (PRS). In this they engage in a weekend of discourse. Each candidate’s presentation at the PRS paces their research and allows public consideration of the nature of the mastery that their peers have recognised in their work.
Postgraduate candidates associated with the Design Archives
- Craig Barkla, RMIT School of Architecture and Design: ‘The picturesque interior’
- Stephen Banham, RMIT School of Media and Communication: ‘Typographic storytelling’
- Veronica Bremer, Jacobs University Bremen, Germany: 'The "Second Wave" of Bauhaus Artists: The Collings Duo and the Two Richards in Australia’
- Norm Darwin, RMIT School of Architecture and Design: ‘The development of automotive design in Australia 1900-1920’
- Jenny Grigg, RMIT School of Architecture and Design: ‘Ideation and graphic design’.