The Klangbewegung Maschine was a single participant installation for sound, movement, sensed vibration and light.
Sitting in a reclaimed Audi passenger seat, the audient selected their preferred Neubauten composition, Merle (Drawings of Patient OT), Prologue or Feurio (Haus Der Leuge). The music is thrown into movement by a six degrees of freedom motion simulator, extended into vibration through a bass transducer and transmuted into light via eyelid-projections controlled by sound. The resulting experience is a viscerally embodied, multisensory internalization of these classic Neubauten tracks, inspired by and augmenting the music’s power, poetry and deep sense of time and place. From mysteriously alienating landscapes, declaratory texts to joyous rhythmic infection, this work is a celebration of the influence and impact that Einsturzende Naubatuen has had on each member of the (((20Hz))) team.
Presented as part of Geniale Dilletanten, November 2015-February 2016
- Brilliantly entertaining!
- Klangbewegung Maschine- Ich dachte ich bin in eunem Nachtklub in Berlin! Wow! “I thought I was dancing in a nightclub in Berlin! Wow!”
- Genial! The vibrating chair is super!
- Ultra cool machine. Love Neubauten but that’s a whole new level.
- That’s the most fun I’ve had at an exhibition! – Klang Maschine
- Geite ausstellung! Particularly the Blixa film & the Klang Maschine were fantastic! Carole aus Schweden
- Very interesting. Loved the EM-room experience
- I totally enjoyed the Klangmaschine just like going to a gig, without the smell, the world needs more participation art. Thank you 20 Hz. Keep doing what you do.
- Absolutely adore the Klang Maschine. Beautiful! Quite frankly, I’d happily pay for the ride. Many thanks.
- I felt totally immersed in the movement in the Klang Maschine. Fantastic, a great perspective.
- Loved the 20Hz interactive thing- ‘The Lazy Person’s Guide to Dancing’. Looking forward to the 20HZ exhibition.
- Really liked the interactive chair, especially my favourite Einstürzende Neubauten song! Loved the wrapped TV + selfie vid too!
- Fantastic snapshot of those times! Love the Klangbewegung Maschine - keep it here permanently?! Having the Australian component as part of the official catalogue would be the icing on the cake. Sehr toll!
- A very cool sensory experience! (Klang Maschine)
- It was simply spectacular! Thanks for the amazing artwork.
- Please save us Sydney-siders… this is amazing!