The Carolyn Parker Prize is now open for applications.
The $2500 prize is open to female students in a program run by the School of Property, Construction and Project Management, and who belong to an under-represented group.
To be eligible for this prize you must:
- be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- be enrolled in one of the following programs at RMIT at the end of semester 2, 2018
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Construction Management) (Honours) (BH114)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Project Management) (Honours) (BH112)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Property and Valuation) (Honours) (BH113)
- Master of Project Management (MC210)
- Master of Property (MC212)
- Master of Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Building (MC209)
- passionate about your study
- a female student from an under-represented group (see examples below)
Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate financial and/or educational disadvantage such as:
- a mature-aged student
- receiving a Government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- having a long term medical condition or disability which impacts your study
- experiencing difficult family circumstances
- have relocated, or will be relocating, from interstate or rural/regional Victoria to study at RMIT
- were born overseas, are from a non-English speaking background, and recently migrated to Australia
- are a current or former refugee
- completed secondary school at a School Network Access Program school.
How to apply
Email a cover letter addressed to Carolyn Parker at email@example.com, clearly outlining in your email the four categories and your answers to the below statements:
- What financial or education disadvantage group as per the eligibility criteria that you belong to. (Shortlisted applicants will be asked for evidence of the financial/education disadvantaged.
- Discuss any difficult circumstances you have faced that have affected your education.
- Describe your passion for studying in your chosen field.
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 17th June 2018 11.59pm