This $3000 scholarship gives students financial assistance to complete an approved program and enter the property profession. Individual Encouragement Awards of up to $300 may also be provided.
Albury Wodonga Australian Property Institute proudly offer the Geoff Dixon Scholarship.
The scholarship will be payable to the successful applicant over 2 years. Individual Encouragement Awards of up to $300 will also be provided at the group's discretion.
The purpose is to assist and encourage a student to complete an approved course and enter the property profession in either the Government or private sectors. The successful student will not necessarily be the one with the highest academic results, but will adequately demonstrate their ability to successfully complete the program being undertaken.
- Applicants must be undertaking Bachelor of Applied Science (Property and Valuation), RMIT University.
- Applicants must have completed at least the first year (or equivalent if by part time or correspondence) and be enrolled for the second or subsequent years, or equivalent; and have a period of at least six months of full time (or equivalent part time), left to complete the course.
- Applicants must be student members of the Australian Property Institute, or have applied for membership at the time of submitting this application, and must have obtained membership prior to the end of June 2018. (Melbourne Divisional Office: phone 03 9646 1977).
- Previous successful applicants may not re apply.
- Unsuccessful applicants from a previous year may re-apply, provided they meet the current criteria.
- The successful applicant will be expected to undertake one week of work training with Valuation firms in the Albury-Wodonga region, at a date to be mutually agreed.
- As a requirement of the award the successful applicant will be asked to deliver a short address at the annual seminar on 20th July 2018. The subject matter to be the essay topic.
The successful student will receive the scholarship amount of $1,500 on the 20th July 2018. The presentation is usually made at the Group's Annual Seminar. The second instalment of $1,500 will be made in the following year (2019) once again at the seminar. The student would be required to give evidence of ongoing study in the approved course in the year following the initial award. Encouragement awards will also be presented at the Seminar. The presentation is usually made at the Group's Annual Seminar.
Encouragement awards will also be presented at the Seminar.
A written application on the Group's form, with all specified attachments, must be received by 6th July, 2018. Addressed to:
PO Box 1233
Albury NSW 2640, or
By emailing the required data to Bob Allan at email@example.com.
Attachments to accompany application:
1. Applicants are required to submit a recent reference from an appropriate person to confirm identity.
2. Copies of all your course results up to the time of application.
3. A copy of three of your assignments, from last year or this year (any subject in the prescribed course).
4. A brief essay (about 800 words), in legible handwriting or typewritten, on the following topic.
"Has the Australian regional areas (NSW & VIC.) residential property market reached its peak? Explain your reasoning by discussing the factors, including the Banking Royal Commission, you have considered."
Enquiries should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.