Ms Lisanne Adam
Lisanne Adam is an Associate Lecturer in Law (ECDF) at the Graduate School of Business and Law, RMIT University.
Lisanne joined the GSBL in 2021 as an Associate Lecturer in Law (ECDF) after being affiliated with the School since 2018. Prior to transitioning to full-time academia, Lisanne has worked in law practice at law firms in Amsterdam and Sydney. She has also been affiliated with the University of Sydney and in 2018 she was appointed as Honorary Associate of the School of Psychology to intensify her collaboration with forensic psychology scholars researching psychological aspects of criminal procedures. Her research focuses on developments in criminal law and procedure, policing, evidence laws and its interaction with technology and forensic psychology. Her work has been featured in Australian and international law and social science journals and on media platforms globally.
Lisanne is currently undertaking a PhD researching the occurrence of and contributing factors to involuntary false confessions and wrongful convictions in Australia and stays in touch with practice by advising to criminal defence teams on matters involving fair trial concerns. She is currently teaching in RMIT’s LL.B and JD programs.
Teaching and Coordination of Principles of Criminal Law and Procedure and Advanced Contract Law.
- Aaron Lane and Lisanne Adam, ‘Criminal cryptocurrency cases in Australia: the first decade’, Medium (Blog Post, 4 May 2020).
- Greg Barns and Lisanne Adam, ‘Julian Assange: the Long Road to Europe’, John Menadue – Pearls and Irritations (Web Page, 6 February 2020).
- Greg Barns and Lisanne Adam, ‘Assange and the myth of due process’, JURIST (Web Page, 9 December 2019).
- Greg Barns and Lisanne Adam, ‘“No one is above the Law” (Except the U.S.A)', Consortium News (online, 6 June 2019).
- Greg Barns and Lisanne Adam, ‘Dear Social Media Judges: Don’t Forget the Fundamentals of a Fair Trial’, Consortium News (online, 30 April 2019).
- Lane, A.,Adam, L. (2023). Crime and Cryptocurrency in Australian Courts In: Monash University Law Review, 48, 1 - 44
- Cullen, H.,Adam, L.,van Golde, C. (2021). Evidence-based policing in Australia: an examination of the appropriateness and transparency of lineup identification and investigative interviewing practices In: International Journal of Police Science & Management, 23, 85 - 98
- Adam, L.,van Golde, C. (2020). Police practice and false confessions: A search for the implementation of investigative interviewing in Australia In: Alternative Law Journal, 45, 52 - 59
- Adam, L.,Barns, G. (2020). Digital strip searches in Australia: A threat to the privilege against self-incrimination In: Alternative Law Journal, 45, 222 - 227