Abdullahi D. Ahmed is an Associate Professor in Wealth Management at the School of Accounting, College of Business, RMIT University.ORCID profile: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4472-0205
Prior to joining RMIT University, he was a Senior Lecturer in Finance at the Flinders Business School, Flinders University. He has also served School of Commerce and Law, Central Queensland University where he was the head of finance and economics programmes and taught advance courses in financial planning and finance.
Previously, he was a research fellow at the Centre for Strategic Economic Studies (CSES), Victoria University, Melbourne. He has published widely in areas of financial market behaviour, governance of financial institutions, liquidity of financial markets and capital market development. In recent years, Ahmed's research work has covered areas of wealth management, financial market reforms, trade policies, international macroeconomic policy and dynamics of foreign exchange markets.
His research interest spans issues in microstructure of financial markets, risk and portfolio management and impacts of financial-technology innovations in developing economies. Dr Ahmed has taught a number of postgraduate courses including advanced international finance, managing of financial institutions, financial econometrics and business research methods.
- Awili, S.,Ahmed, A. (2019). Financial Openness, Trade Integration And Economic Growth: The Case Of Pacific Melanesian Countries In: Journal of Developing Areas, 53, 43 - 56
- Huo, R.,Ahmed, A. (2018). Relationships between Chinese stock market and its index futures market: Evaluating the impact of QFII scheme In: Research in International Business and Finance, 44, 135 - 152
- Ahmed, A.,Huo, R. (2018). China-Africa financial markets linkages: Volatility and interdependence In: Journal of Policy Modeling, 40, 1140 - 1164
- Huo, R.,Ahmed, A. (2017). Return and volatility spillovers effects: Evaluating the impact of Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect In: Economic Modelling, 61, 260 - 272
- Ahmed, A.,Ndayisaba, G. (2017). Do regulatory standards help align CEO compensation and banks performance association? In: Journal of Developing Areas, 51, 127 - 142
- Ghani, J.,Grewal, B.,Ahmed, A.,Noor, N. (2017). Efficiency analysis of state governments in the Malaysian fiscal federalism In: International Journal of Economics and Management, 11, 449 - 466
- Ahmed, A. (2016). Integration of financial markets, financial development and growth: Is Africa different? In: Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, 42, 43 - 59
- Bui, Y.,Delpachitra, S.,Ahmed, A. (2016). Efficiency of Australian superannuation funds: A comparative assessment In: Journal of Economic Studies, 43, 1022 - 1038
- Ahmed, A.,Ndayisaba, G. (2016). Effect of Corporate Governance on CEO Pay - Risk Taking Association: Empirical Evidence from Australian Financial Institutions In: Journal of Developing Areas, 50, 309 - 344
- McInnes, A.,Ahmed, A. (2016). Examining the legitimacy of the current 'authorised representative' licensing model In: Financial Planning Research Journal, 2, 64 - 90
3 PhD Completions6 PhD Current Supervisions
- Addressing the challenge of problematic debt � A distinct comparison of Euro-zone countries and Australia. Funded by: Think Forward Initiative - paid by ING from (2019 to 2019)
- What are the ethical challenges in the Financial Practice? Issues and current patterns in unethical behaviour. Funded by: Financial Planning Education Council Grant 2017 from (2017 to 2018)