Dr Arenius is Professor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation at School of Management. She is an expert on new venture creation and nascent entrepreneurs.
Professor Arenius's current research focuses on entrepreneurial opportunities, actions individuals carry out during the start-up process, the emotions experienced by the individuals and the outcome of the start-up process. Her research has been published in leading management and entrepreneurship journals, including Research Policy, Journal of Business Venturing, Small Business Economics and International Small Business Journal.
During the 20 years of work in the academia, she has carried out a number of industry-university collaborative research projects on innovation and entrepreneurship funded by companies and government funding agencies. She has expertise in the areas of industry policy and technology policy, SME support initiative design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Biru, A.,Gilbert, D.,Arenius, P. (2021). Unhelpful help: The state of support programmes and the dynamics of entrepreneurship ecosystems in Ethiopia In: Entrepreneurship and Regional Development, 33, 108 - 130
- Arenius, P.,Chuah, .,Coate, B.,Hoffmann, J. (2021). (In Press) The economic psychology of creating and venturing: a comparative behavioural portrait of artists and entrepreneurs In: Small Business Economics, , 1 - 17
- Hoffmann, J.,Coate, B.,Chuah, .,Arenius, P. (2021). (In Press) What Makes an Artrepreneur? An Exploratory Study of Artrepreneurial Passion, Personality and Artistry In: Journal of Cultural Economics, , 1 - 20
- Metsola, J.,Torkkeli, L.,Leppäaho, T.,Arenius, P.,Haapanen, M. (2021). Socioemotional Wealth and Networking in the Internationalisation of Family SMEs In: The Palgrave Handbook of Family Firm Internationalization, Springer, Switzerland
- Coate, B.,Hoffmann, R.,Arenius, P.,Chuah, . (2021). A Behavioural Approach to Understanding the Artist as Entrepreneur In: Researching Arts Markets, Taylor & Francis , United Kingdom
- Weerakoon, C.,McMurray, A.,Rametse, N.,Arenius, P. (2020). Social capital and innovativeness of social enterprises: opportunity-motivation-ability and knowledge creation as mediators In: Knowledge Management Research and Practice, 18, 147 - 161
- Weerakoon, C.,McMurray, A.,Rametse, N.,Arenius, P. (2020). Knowledge creation theory of entrepreneurial orientation in social enterprises In: Journal of Small Business Management, 58, 834 - 870
- Klyver, K.,Arenius, P. (2020). Networking, Social Skills and Launching a New Business: A 3-Year Study of Nascent Entrepreneurs In: Entrepreneurship: Theory and Practice, , 1 - 28
- Tavassoli, S.,Brandt, M.,Ma, M.,Arenius, P.,Kianian, B.,Diegel, O.,Mention, A.,Cole, I.,Elghitany, A.,Pope, L. (2020). Adoption and Diffusion of Disruptive Technologies: The Case of Additive Manufacturing in Medical Technology Industry in Australia In: Procedia Manufacturing, 43, 18 - 24
- Shahzad, K.,Arenius, P.,Muller, A.,Rasheed, M.,Bajwa, S. (2019). Unpacking the relationship between high-performance work systems and innovation performance in SMEs In: Personnel Review, 48, 977 - 1000
4 PhD Completions4 PhD Current Supervisions