Dr Arenius is Professor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation at School of Management. She is an expert on new venture creation and nascent entrepreneurs.
Professor Arenius's current research focuses on entrepreneurial opportunities, actions individuals carry out during the start-up process, the emotions experienced by the individuals and the outcome of the start-up process. Her research has been published in leading management and entrepreneurship journals, including Research Policy, Journal of Business Venturing, Small Business Economics and International Small Business Journal.
During the 20 years of work in the academia, she has carried out a number of industry-university collaborative research projects on innovation and entrepreneurship funded by companies and government funding agencies. She has expertise in the areas of industry policy and technology policy, SME support initiative design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Weerakoon, C.,McMurray, A.,Rametse, N.,Arenius, P. (2019). Social capital and innovativeness of social enterprises: opportunity-motivation-ability and knowledge creation as mediators In: Knowledge Management Research and Practice, , 1 - 16
- Rametse, N.,Moremong-Nganunu, T.,Juan Ding, M.,Arenius, P. (2018). Entrepreneurial motivations and capabilities of migrant entrepreneurs in Australia In: International Migration, 56, 217 - 234
- Arenius, P.,Engel, Y.,Klyver, K. (2017). No particular action needed? A necessary condition analysis of gestation activities and firm emergence In: Journal of Business Venturing Insights, 8, 87 - 92
- Arenius, P.,Franzen, R. (2016). Women's entrepreneurship and social capital In: Handbook of Social Capital and Regional Development, Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham, United Kingdom
- Ronkko, M.,Peltonen, J.,Arenius, P. (2013). Selective or parallel? Towards measuring the domains of entrepreneurial bricolage In: Entrepreneurial Resourcefulness: Competing With Constraints, Emerald Group Publishing, Bingley, United Kingdom
- Sasi, V.,Arenius, P. (2012). Strategies for circumventing born global firms' resource scarcity dilemma In: New Technology-Based Firms in the New Millennium, Emerald Group Publishing, Bingley, United Kingdom
- Arenius, P.,Laitinen, K. (2011). Entrepreneurial teams and the evolution of networks: A longitudinal study In: The International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, 12, 239 - 247
2 PhD Completions8 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions