Emsie Arnoldi is a communications professional with an extensive background in communication management, marketing communications and public relations.
With a career spanning 25 years, Emsie Arnoldi managed two London Stock Exchange listed companies’ communication departments, served three years as director at an internationally renowned agency, and followed this with a career in Higher Education, where she was awarded a PhD in Communication Management and headed an academic department as Associate Professor.
She has a special interest and wide-ranging experience in intercultural and strategic communication, as well as integrating communication processes on macro, meso and micro levels.
She is a strategic thinker and has relevant, creative problem-solving and leadership skills. An ability to motivate people and take initiative has always been two of her strongest characteristics. She is highly goal-oriented and thrives on seeing colleagues and students excel.
Research and research supervision
As a registered supervisor, Emsie's research supervision (master’s by research and doctoral dissertations) includes the sub-disciplines of mass media, government/political communication, marketing communication, strategic communication management, web-based technologies and communication, intercultural communication, ethics and communication, sports communication, corporate/organisational communication and social marketing. As an expert in Q-methodology and qualitative research, Emsie focuses her own research on strategic communication management, intercultural communication, corporate/organisational communication, internal communication and change management, and teaching and learning in higher education.
Program Director: Post Graduate Public Relations and Master of Advertising
PhD (Communication Management), University of Pretoria, 2000
Accreditation Exam for International Association of Business Communicators, United States of America, 1998
Masters in Communication Management (HD – CUM LAUDE), University of Pretoria, 1997
She is a member of several professional organisations and bodies, serves on several professional boards, and acts as moderator/referee for several academic journals/conferences per year.
- Guntarik, O.,Berry, M.,Arnoldi, E. (2017). Spheres of influence and new technological trajectories In: Culture, Migration, and Health Communication in a Global Context, Routledge, New York, United States
- Arnoldi, E.,Miller, H. (2014). Towards a framework for the practice of climate change communication in Australia In: Asia Pacific Public Relations Journal, 14, 85 - 106
- Arnoldi, E. (2010). A postcolonial understanding of communication and management practices In: The Asian Conference on Arts and Humanities, Oaska, Japan, 18 - 21 June, 2008
- Papastefanou, N.,Arnoldi, E. (2009). A complexity science-based management framework for virtual organisations In: Interdisciplinary Management Research V, Josip Juraj Strossmayer University in Osijek, Osijek, Croatia
- Papastefanoul, N.,Arnoldi, E. (2008). Managing the virtual organisation: a South African case study In: Proceedings of the 2nd International Colloquium on busniness & Management, Bangkok, Thailand, 17 - 20 November 2008
2 PhD Completions3 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions